Monday, January 13, 2014

Hello there, Happy Mamas!
Thank you so much for checking out my blog. Like what you see? Connect with me at www.ifmamaainthappy.net to sign up for newsletters and updates or to schedule a life changing, eye opening free consultation.

Now, on to the topic of the day....

So, the new year is in full swing....how are you doing?

I am truly rocking my January Vegan and Sugar-Free Challenge. I feel amazing-energetic, calm, patient, balanced, centered.....and I've lost a bit of weight-bonus!

I've been experimenting with lots of vegan recipes, and let me tell you-they're really delicious. I love cooking, and this has been a lot of fun for me. My favorite dish so far has been this amazing African stew with chickpeas, green olives, tomatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, cinnamon, turmeric, coriander and curry. I'm drooling just thinking about it....my house smelled soooo good while that was simmering away on the stove. I'm going to have to make it again soon, lol. I also can't stop thinking about the black bean and sweet potato burgers with greens and tomato slices piled high and topped with a spicy veganaise. They were pretty amazing, too.

Luckily, my family has been on board and they're enjoying these super healthy and super tasty meals right along with me. I know that family support, or lack thereof can get in the way of succeeding with your new-found health goals, so I'm definitely grateful for their enthusiasm.

I've been drinking green smoothies everyday, too. My kids actually ask for them. I was the lucky recipient of a NutriBullet for Christmas (yay David Wolfe!) and I've been using the heck out of it.

As far as the sugar goes, I was catching myself running out to the kitchen more often than I'd like to admit, in search for anything sweet and sugary.

I don't like being that preoccupied with something, especially if that something isn't so great for me.

That's been a little harder than going from vegetarian to vegan. I'm just now getting to the point where I'm not craving it. But, even today, I had that little sugar junkie voice inside telling me to find some chocolate. I told it to get lost, and in a matter of just a few minutes, I'm happy to report that it did.

I'll keep you posted on my sugar recovery and animal free way of eating...as of right now, so far so good, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep rocking this right through February 1.

Until next time,

~Cozetta





Need some support with your new-found health goals, relationship issues or anything else wellness related? Go to my website and connect with me. I'd love to chat with you to see how one of my programs could give you the outcome you're craving. Visit www.ifmamaainthappy.net

No comments:

Post a Comment