Saturday, January 18, 2014

Are You a Perfection Junkie?

Hello Happy Mamas! 

My newsletter this week is all about easing up on yourself while in search of the ever elusive title of perfection (head over to www.ifmamaainthappy.net to sign up!). I wanted to touch on that topic a bit here first...

Perfection doesn't exist, and that's ok. That's more than ok. How absolutely stressful is it when nothing is ever good enough and you're constantly striving for that crystal clear shiny picture of idealism?

And, perfection is boring. Or, the idea of it.

Life is meant to be messy, beautiful and real.

I would love a perfectly clean house. But, it isn't going to happen. Not while my 3 mini-me's are growing up. And I don't want to put that kind of pressure on them. No way. I don't want to create nervous little people that never feel good enough.

Everyone has chores, every day, and we all contribute in a positive way. The house is usually tidy by bedtime. The dishes have been put away and the garbage has been taken out. Toys are picked up and laundry goes into the hamper. That's clean enough for a house with an 8 year old, a 5 year old and an almost 3 year old.

I would also love to be the perfect mom. To always have gorgeous hair, flawless makeup and a cute but practical outfit on, complete with sparkly accessories. To never lose my patience, to always have time for a cuddle and a story and to be the master of cupcake makers (and have multiple dozens ready to go for every single classroom party and bake sale fundraiser).

But I am so far from that. It actually makes me laugh a little to think about how far from being a perfect mom I am.

But I'm happy about that, and feel good about where I am. I have more time for the truly important things. Like helping with homework and teaching my kids about eating healthy foods and how to handle stressful situations in a productive and loving way. 

 My babies are happy, healthy and very much loved. And you can tell by the way they act. By the way they carry themselves. They're encouraged to be exactly who they are and to believe in themselves. They're fun to be around and have such an amazing capacity for kindness and compassion towards others.

So I say-throw away your ideas of perfection! Allow yourself to live and be fully immersed in your crazy and imperfect life. You'll never be perfect anyway, so why waste your precious time?



Did you like this? Did anything about this topic resonate with you? Let me know-leave a comment below. :)

And if you'd like some help creating some amazing outcomes in your life, I'd love to schedule a chat. Visit my website and send me an email-I'll get back to you within 1 biz day.

www.ifmamaainthappy.net

Until next time, have a fantastic day!!

~Cozetta





No comments:

Post a Comment