Friday, February 7, 2014

What Exactly Do I Do?

So, I've had a number of conversations lately that go something like:



Awesome Person: Oh, you're a Wellness Counselor. That's sounds interesting....but what exactly do you do?

Me: What, you don't already know?




I guess it's not as self explanatory as I've been thinking, lol.

So I've decided to sum it up right here, so that anyone who has a question or is curious, will know exactly what I do.


I attended and graduated from a really fantastic Nutrition school that bases it's curriculum on holistic health.


holistic: adj. considering all factors when treating illness: taking into account all of somebody's physical, mental, and social conditions in the treatment of illness


Now, for me and what I do, 'illness' doesn't just include physical ailments. I look at the word illness as anything that's out of whack in your life.



Example:

 If you're eating really unhealthy foods, habitually, let's figure out why. Unless you're completely overjoyed doing so, and if that's the case, then rock on. But, if you're overweight or have a negative self image, there's probably something causing you to overeat. Maybe you're in an unhappy marriage, or you hate your job and the way your boss talks to you. Maybe you're sad that you never pursued a childhood dream, maybe you were mistreated and have built up exterior walls to protect yourself.

or

You feel icky, pretty much all the time. You get headaches, you're tired a lot. Cranky. Unable to sleep well. You have a general unhappiness or frustration with your life. You never have enough money, you have a really hard time digesting your food. You have aches and pains and have a really hard time handling stressful situations.





The programs that I offer help you to bust through all of that so you can be happy and healthy. And yes, you can be happy and healthy. In fact, you're supposed to be!

Some of them take place in a group setting, some of them are much more intimate and consist of you and I talking one on one.

The sessions where it's just you and me are similar to counseling sessions, but more fun and proactive. It's like getting together with a good friend for a nice chat, who completely supports you and your journey and offers a whole bunch of really helpful knowledge, too. 

My work does get a bit more specific in terms of nutrition, as well. I was trained in over 100 dietary theories, so I'm able to help you eat exactly what your body should be eating. I can help you get over your fears around food, and educate and empower you.

Some clients come to me just for the nutrition aspect. They want to lose extra weight, get rid of migraines, learn how to cook healthier foods for their family, eat less processed foods, find out the truth about eating organic foods etc.

But what you'll find is that your nutrition is actually secondary to the more important things in life.

If you're not happy with your career, or have a cluttered, messy house or have a nasty relationship with someone you live with, all of the most excellent nutrition in the world won't help you.

It's about doing your best to find balance. Some say balance doesn't exist. Perfectly, without flaw? Of course not. But you can spend your time actively working on the areas of your life that need some tweaking, so you feel more satisfied overall. 

I help women (and men, too) find their version of peace, happiness and balance. I counsel, educate and guide them to their goals and personal joy. I don't tell you what to do, and I certainly don't do the work for you, but I teach you what I know and make gentle suggestions along the way.



So, what are the benefits of working with me?


Here are some actual results of my friends, family & clients:

*lost weight, in a healthy, sustainable way
*learned how to fit in more exercise, that was fun, too
*got their family on board with eating healthier
*improved their personal relationships
*overcame limiting beliefs and fears
*learned how to shop for the best, most nutrient dense ingredients
*stopped taking certain medications-blood pressure & anti-anxiety (with the approval of their doctors)--this is one of my favorites :)
*felt empowered to take direction in their life
*figured out what career would bring them the most joy, and pursued it
*learned how to stand up for themselves and created healthy boundaries
*learned how to go through a healthy cleanse
*learned why diets are a complete waste of time, how they harm your body, and what to do instead
*became a more present, patient and loving parent (another favorite!)


I also give my clients a list of additional resources such as books, documentaries, articles and websites. Resources that I use, to continue my education in health & wellness.

In all of my programs you receive really helpful handouts and in one of my programs you also receive health and wellness related gifts from me. It might be a candle, a journal, some organic tea, a book, gift certificate for a massage.....I like to have fun and get pretty creative with these :)



One of my favorite parts of what I do is that I'm able to work with anyone, anywhere. I'm not limited by geographic location, so that's really fantastic for me. I can work in my office with someone that lives locally, or we can work together over the phone or through Skype. Pretty cool (and I mail the gifts for those who aren't local, in case you're wondering).

I also get so incredibly jazzed up when I see someone achieve their goals, feel better about themselves and their life. I have a very strong desire to help the world become a better place. I'm using all of my gifts, skills and education to encourage those I work with, helping them to smile and enjoy their life, so that they in turn, can affect someone else in a positive way. It's all about the ripple affect. :)

And because I want to help everyone that has the desire to improve their life, I offer different options for payment. You can pay in full and receive a discount, you can make monthly payments, I offer a set number of my programs for free and I also trade for other services. Curious about how we could work something out? Just ask. I need to support myself and my family financially, but I also want to use my time to help others as well.





So, I hope this helped answer some questions. If you have any more-please contact me. My website details my programs a lot more. I'll be presenting a new, really fun group program very soon, and I really can't wait to launch that and get going with it. It's unlike anything I've done yet, so it's going to be a lot of fun for me, too.

Until next time, have an awesome day and be well!!


~Cozetta


www.ifmamaainthappy.net








2 comments:

  1. Cozetta is fantastic and helped open my eyes. She really helped more ways than one and I'd recommend her to anyone

    ReplyDelete