Monday, May 7, 2012

Finding Your Purpose and Living on Purpose.

Lots and lots of people struggle to find a meaning to this whole experience called life. They try to figure out why we're all here, what are we doing, and more specifically, why they, as an individual are here. This thing that we're looking for may be called our purpose, or our calling, and it can be found. Here's how I found mine...








I was going through a period of time in my life where I felt something was missing. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but something just wasn't quite right. I started to take stock of my life and decided that I have an awesome family, an awesome partner, great friends....I wasn't happy about my job but who really truly is?  Sure, I'd like to have more money in the bank and vacation more. I'd love to go to the spa more often and expand my shoe collection, but I knew that I needed to just wait and be patient for these things; they're on their way, it just wasn't time yet. After identifying these things and taking notice of what I wanted to improve in my life (there were other, less materialistic things as well), I still hadn't figured out what was missing....so I started journaling and reading lots of self-help books, articles and blogs. I got very still and quiet. I meditated and really listened to that little voice inside. I realized that even though I had a bunch of really great things going on in my life (being a mother to 3 absolutely amazing kiddos is a hugely gratifying journey in itself), I wasn't fulfilled on every level.



Now, some might say, 'Hey, you already have so much more than a lot of people in this world.' True. You've definitely got me there. I'm healthy, happy, I have my freedom and countless opportunities available to me. I have excellent people in my life (this is very intentional, by the way) that truly love me and care about me. I'm a lucky lady in most areas. Some people may look at me, in my quest for complete and total fulfillment and say I'm being selfish, not appreciating what I have. Not true, though. I do appreciate all of it. I'm thoroughly grateful. And not only that, but the quest for fulfillment is not at all selfish. It's a way to become happier and therefore affect those around you in a more positive way. So, by serving yourself, you're serving others.






In my quest for fulfillment, or finding my purpose or calling, I had this amazing a-ha moment and realized that the reason that I'm not feeling fulfilled just yet is that I still have skills, talents and gifts to give the world that my current situation/career/choices don't allow to be utilized. I'm also not pursuing my passions, either. It's like I have this amazingly brilliant light inside that's being dimmed every single day. I have so much more to give than I am currently giving.






What are these skills, talents, gifts and passions that I've discovered?


I enjoy talking to people and I have this cool ability to make people feel at ease around me. They feel comfortable enough to open up and share really personal things.


I love giving helpful advice. After having a conversation with someone who's asked for advice on a particular topic, I feel good being able to point them in a certain direction. And then, when they come back and tell me about the positive outcome of taking my advice, I feel amazing! I've helped them and that feels fantastic.


I love talking about anything pertaining to wellness. Food, relationships, stress relief, holistic care, career satisfaction, health, having fun, spirituality, home life. All of it.




So what's my purpose? What's my calling? To combine these passions and gifts that I have and share them with the world....to me that means becoming a Wellness Coach. Once I came to this conclusion, I knew it was right. How did I know? Because of how it made me feel. I felt in alignment with everything. People around me, the Universe, everything. It's as if every single thing around me clicked into place and just felt right. It created this amazing internal vibration, it gave me butterflies in my stomach and made my toes tingle. Now, the thought of being a Wellness Coach may not do a single thing for you.....it may not give you any kind of warm, fuzzy anything. That's ok because something else will.








We're all here for a reason. Every single person has something amazing to give. Everyone has that brilliant internal light to shine on the world. To find it just be still and listen to yourself. The answer is there. Think of the things that bring you the most joy and excitement. Don't play it safe when figuring this stuff out. There are no wrong answers. Just be still and listen...you alone have the answer. And if you've already figured it out, congratulations! The hardest part is figuring it out. Also, remember to be patient with yourself, this may take a little while. The more relaxed you are about the whole thing, the easier it will all come to you.




I hope this blog helps you and inspires you to dig a little deeper, get to know yourself better and find out what you have to give the world, because the more of us that are vibrating at our highest level, the better our world as a whole.



Have a great week!!










No comments:

Post a Comment